2019 MPA Inspiration Awards Categories
Our easy to complete digital entry form can be found here.
The MPA Inspiration Awards categories are designed to make sure there are plenty of options for the industry to consider no matter what sector you represent.
This year we also have 3 new categories – social media, video production and animation.
Our ‘How to Guide’ with entry, tips, rules and regulations can be found here
Categories 1-8 give a real opportunity for you to demonstrate a great campaign against a client brief.
Whichever discipline or channel you are representing, the judges are looking for:
- Innovative and creative thinking to deliver the campaign objectives
- Demonstration of strategic direction and how your campaign has answered the brief
- ROI / increase of sales should be of paramount importance in your entry
- Demonstration of how the campaign has reflected the target audience within the brief
1. Best digital campaign
2. Best creative campaign
3. Best media campaign
4. Best sales team campaign
5. Best PR campaign
6. Best social campaign (new for 2019)
7. Best animation (new for 2019) – Encompassing animation, 3D, VFX – broadcast, social or online
We’re looking for entries that demonstrate animation and flair. Stop motion, hand-drawn, 3D, motion graphics, or a blend of visual FX. This content can be created for any channel – TV, Online, Broadcast or Social for brands and campaign work. The only limit to this entry is that the duration needs to be shorter than 5 minutes. We will also be looking for how use of amination has answered the client brief.
8. Best video (new for 2019) – A category for filmmakers / directors, encompassing film, brand film and commercials.
Brand films and social content, TV and advertising. Whatever platform or channel, if this was created for a campaign or brand then you can enter it. Maximum duration is 5 minutes, so its short form content we’re looking for. We will also be looking for how use of video has answered the client brief.
9. Big Bang – We are talking BIG impact for a small budget.
Enter this category if you’ve achieved exceptional, quantified results against clear objectives with a spend under £50,000. This award could be for a campaign, commercial, video production, animated series, digital campaign, social media,PR, Event, Charity, media campaign, B2B, basically any channel and discipline counts here think broad and bold. It’s open to all sectors within the creative and media community.
Show how you’ve worked alongside another agency, with their team actively involved to help you deliver a more inspiring result for your client. You’ll need to demonstrate collaboration between both or all of the companies involved – with effective results.
The collaboration can be between agencies from any medium and on any platform(s) but all partners must be based in Greater Manchester.
11. Martyn Hett Inspiring Manchester Award
In 2017, the MPA invited Paul Evans, Rumpus PR MD, to celebrate his colleague Martyn’s life and to be recognised at our event with the Inspiring Manchester award. This award is now named after Martyn so that we always recognise one of our own who tragically lost his life along with 21 other victims in the 2017 Manchester bombing. This award will be in recognition of any campaign that reflects our great city.
MPA ‘Of The Year’ Categories
The “Of The Year” awards for categories 12-21 will acknowledge an agency or team which can demonstrate that their overall business over the past year has exceeded the norm. (Please note the number of employees are based on FTE).
The judges will be looking for:
- Growth and development initiatives
- How you support your people
- What have you done over an above that has significantly impacted on your business model
12. Digital agency of the year (up to 25 employees)
13. Digital agency of the year (over 25 employees)
14. Creative agency of the year (up to 25 employees)
15. Creative agency of the year (over 25 employees)
16. Media agency of the year (up to 25 employees)
17. Media agency of the year (over 25 employees)
18. Media sales team of the year (up to 25 employees)
19. Media sales team of the year (over 25 employees)
20. PR agency of the year (up to 25 employees)
21. PR agency of the year (over 25 employees)
MPA ‘People’ Categories
22. Apprentice Award
This award will be awarded to an apprentice that has shown that they have excelled during their first year within your business and have made a positive contribution to the business overall. This entry should be made by the employer, not the individual.
23. Rising Star
Have you employed an inspiring new talent in the industry? This award will he handed over to an exciting individual who has been judged by their peers to have excelled in their grasp of the industry and contribution to the business overall.
More than likely this person will be (1) Under 30 years of age (2) A new employee to your business within the last 12 months or someone who has recently taken on a new role in your business and has excelled within that role. Judges will be looking for initiative and entrepreneurial spirit and a can do attitude. Please note individuals cannot nominate themselves.
24. Student Award
After the success of this award over the last three years, the MPA are to recognise once again student talent at this year’s awards. The award is open to final year undergraduate and postgraduate students at participating Universities.
Why enter? This is a joint initiative between MPA and HE that:
- Celebrates student achievement
- Enables career pathways to be forged
- Enhances CV / Portfolio and offers a chance to network with industry influencers
- Demonstrates a pathway to ‘Rising Stars’ which celebrates new talent in the industry
- 3 finalists to attend the 2019 MPA Awards night at the iconic Midland Hotel
Rules and regulations of the Student award can be found in the ‘How to Guide’ here
25. The MPA Award
The Board of the MPA will award a prize to an outstanding company or individual no matter what the category they may have entered or if they are winners already. This award is at the sole discretion of the MPA Board and their Chair will have the final vote.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Good luck!
The MPA Team